Friday 8 June 2018

Write on!..



















How exciting. I've just received a Royalty payment for a book I've written.

If you're not up to speed, I wrote an adventure story called 'The Boy who missed Next Year' and sent it off to a large and varied selection of publishers and agents in the UK. However, for some bizarre reason (!) not one of them wanted to publish it, so I decided to 'self-publish' on Amazon Kindle ..

Well, I'm now pleased to say that I've finished a second book* and am already on track to have this one turned down by just as many publishers. So you can imagine that getting an email telling me I'd actually earnt some money from my first effort was a jolly old boost to the creative ego. I just don't know what the hell I'm going to do with that £1 and three pence!

*The Sun was Sad, by Martin O'Neill. Available very soon on Amazon Kindle. Probably!

No comments:

Post a Comment