Saturday 11 November 2017

Time to remember ..



















Remembrance Day in France is marked with events on the actual day of November 11th, rather than the nearest Sunday to the date, so means that today I'll be at the little war memorial in our village to mark the Armistice, and I'm flattered to say that I've been asked to photograph the occasion by the lady who runs our local monthly magazine. It's the first 'commission' I've had since moving over permanently, and it feels great to get back 'hands on' again after a break of several weeks. It's also lovely to be accepted into the village so quickly and I can safely say that both Lesley and I feel really at home here, even though we've been here such a short time ..

I've photographed Remembrance Day for many, many years. This photograph was taken at the Cenotaph in Eccles in 1977. Imagine that! 40 years ago! Just think how many men from WW1 would love to be able to say that. As I remember the war dead I also remember my past, and realise once again how fleeting this life is. It's a shame it's wasted by fighting each other ..  

No comments:

Post a Comment