Monday 6 November 2017

Seasons in the sun ..






I've visited France during the winter, and the Spring, and the summer .. and now the Autumn .. but I've never been here for a long enough period to actually notice the seasons changing. So it's lovely that I've already had enough time here to witness the slide from Summer to Autumn. When I arrived here in September it was gloriously sunny and hot and now, as I type this, it's minus 4 degrees outside! Winter is on its way and it won't belong before I get to 'enjoy' what the locals say will be at least minus 17 degrees ..

It's so lovely though! We know for a fact that our winters here won't be like the wet, drawn-out affairs we endured in England. Yesterday Lesley and I walked for almost two hours in glorious sunshine, through empty fields and quiet lanes, feeling the warmth of the sun on our faces. There is, in fact .. dare I say it .. a drought here, with people worried about potential water shortages soon. We put that to the back of our minds as we strolled through the countryside and, with Christmas in mind, I photographed the huge bunches of mistletoe - or gui, in French - covering the trees around us, and kissed my 'old life' goodbye ..

No comments:

Post a Comment