Tuesday 22 August 2017

Old man ..












My house insurance renewal details came in the post this morning from Saga, the company for the over 50s. It's ok, at the heady age of 57 I'm well used to the thought of being 'of a certain age' - hey, a second of my mates turned 60 last week - so I couldn't help but laugh when I read through the details of a PR job I'm shooting today. I'm photographing a 'fun and activity day' to promote social inclusion for .. the over 50s!!
My God, I hope there's room for my zimmer frame when I get in there ..

Having said that, I am now living with a lady who's retired, as Lesley had her last day at work last week, and she is the grandmother to two little girls (Yes, I'm going out with a grandma!), but I think I have to agree with the old adage 'You're as young as you feel' ..

And I feel? .. well, at 57 I'm still doing the job I've wanted to do since I was 13 and I still got excited about buying a new camera the other day; I still got a buzz at a punk gig I went to in Yorkshire last week; I was 'last man standing' with just one of my (old) muckers after an 11 hour drinkathon on my birthday and, most of all .. I'm turning the clock back to the beginning as Lesley and I prepare to start our new lives in France. God, it's good to be young ..





No comments:

Post a Comment