Monday 22 August 2016

You gotta laugh ..




























I was described during last Friday's Wedding as .. The Jim Carrey of Wedding Photography! Man, I like that! And the reason? Well, I do like to entertain my wedding crowds when I'm working, to ensure they have a laugh during their photo-sessions. Not for me the current trend for dour, unsmiling Wedding photography. I can't help it, it's how I am and I've often heard a guest remark to a bride "I didn't realise you'd booked a comedian as well .."

The world is bloody serious place. Only this morning I woke to the news that a favourite singer of mine - Gord Downie of Canadian band The Tragically Hip - has been diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumour and played a farewell concert on Saturday. A sad start to a gloomy, rain-soaked week and all the more reason why I'll never stop trying to put a smile on people's faces ..

No comments:

Post a Comment