Thursday 14 July 2016

But do you like me?..
















 A "PR' bod I've been working with lately suggested I get a few more 'Client Recommendations' on my website. Big myself up, get the good word out there and all that. Well, it feels a bit weird to ask but I've sent out a few requests by email .. and now I wait to hear. The thing is that, generally, silence is golden. When a client is happy they just use your shots and - eventually - pay you for your work. There's no thought of a 'Thank you' or a 'Nice work, Martin' and why should there be? The payment is thanks enough but .. but .. it's nice to get the occasional pat on the back. Especially as I'm freelance and have worked on my own since 1982. We are all artists after all, darling ..

I say this after finding a cutting from a 1981 Warrington Guardian, featuring yours truly as a chisel-chinned 21 year old at a Press Awards Ceremony in Manchester. I won some award or other - I'm too old to even bloody remember what - and got presented with something or other to mark the event. It was a nice feeling! Having spent the following 35 years photographing other people's award ceremonies, I'm just hoping I get a good word or two in return ..

Stop Press: My pal Chris, second from the left, who now works for the Financial Times, has just reminded me we won North West Young Journalist/Photographer respectively. Hurrah for us!..




No comments:

Post a Comment