Wednesday 11 May 2016

Talent ..














Nice to see one of my photographs getting a good airing this month. A shot from my archive - a rare colour photograph - is being used as the promotional image for a play called 'Talent' by the late, great Victoria Wood - currently being staged at the New Vic Theatre in Staffordshire. My picture features in two Box Office booklets and a postcard, and it's on a programme too but they haven't sent me that yet ..

The play's about two young women called Julie and Maureen, and I don't know what the girls in the shot are called but those names seem to fit them perfectly. They worked in a taxi office in Eccles and I took the shot on Boots Colour Transparency film in - I think - the summer of '78, just before I got my first job on a newspaper. I love the advertised fare from 'Anywhere in Salford' to 'Ringway' airport - as Manchester used to be called, for a mere £4.90. It's about £22 now ..


No comments:

Post a Comment