Thursday 25 February 2016

Unknown ..



















I was most amused yesterday when my iPod seemed to fail to recognise Morrissey, despite the fact that it displayed the track title and the album cover on the screen! Last night when I went to the opening of a Students' Art exhibition in Macclesfield, where youngsters from Macclesfield College School of Art are showing 'Sound (Track)' at Charles Roe House until March 6th. The theme of the show is music that is associated with the students' 'life experiences' - and they kindly invited me to show some of my Joy Division and Smiths photographs alongside their work. Now, for sure, these bands were part definitely part of my 'life experience' but I had a brief thought that the students might be looking at my photographs and thinking 'Unknown Artist - Unknown Album'!..

Then again, they might not! Like my iPod, the knowledge might just be in there, somewhere...


No comments:

Post a Comment