Tuesday 23 February 2016

Hello me ..















I met Martin O'Neill yesterday! What a nice guy! Tall, young, thick-set, bearded .. with a paint-brush! Turns out I'm not the only Martin O'Neill in the village - to coin a phrase! - and when I learnt that there was another one knocking about I thought it might make quite a good 'wheeze' for the local paper. And so it was that Martin O'Neill the painter and decorator met up with yours truly for a photo-shoot with the Warrington Guardian and here we are, hamming it up for the camera.
I'm on the left, by the way!!..

Chatting with the snapper from the 'paper, it was a shock when he told me that, after yet another round of redundancies, he and one other photographer are the only snappers left to cover the whole of the titles' distribution area. When I worked for the Warrington Guardian series there were nine of us! Nine! If things get any worse for photographers my new-found pal might not be the only decorator in the village!...    


No comments:

Post a Comment