Monday 8 February 2016

Morrissey and Morris ..













The Monday after a Wedding is usually 'Editing' Day, when I start work on all the shots like this I've taken at whichever venue I've been working at. Not today! Today is Joy Division Day! (Oh, and Smiths Day, too!)...

Today is a day for driving to Macclesfield to put up some of my music photography as part of an exhibition staged by the Art and Design students at Macclesfield College. I've been privileged to be asked if I'd show some of my photography in their 'Sound (Track)' show at Incubation Art's HQ in Charles Roe House. There will be a private view of the show, opened by Joy Division drummer Steven Morris on February 24th. Tickets available!!..

It's just dawned on me! As the theme of the show is Manchester music - and thus the reason I'm showing Smiths pictures, too - it is, for me, a case of Morrissey and Morris! Both very charming men, of course ..

No comments:

Post a Comment