Tuesday 9 February 2016

Getting my back up ...














I've had some lovely words said about my websites lately - both the StudioFiveFour and Manchester Wedding Photography sites - and they've coincided with a chat I was having with another photographer about 'the old days', when a snapper would have to physically lug a portfolio around to clients when he was looking for work. Nowadays you just shove some shots on a website and wait for the work to roll in! Makes it so easy for anyone to seem like they are a photographer, doesn't it?..

I was covering a dinner for a company the other evening - I shot today's picture there and I'll expand on that in a minute. One of my 'tasks' was to get photographs of couples as they arrived at the event. One couple I photographed who, please bear in mind, worked for this company!! .. told me how strange it was for them to be on the 'other side' of the camera. When I asked what they meant they told me they were both 'photographers' too. "Oh, you're photographers for the company..?" I asked "Oh no.." they said "We do Weddings on the side ..."
I hope they're paying their taxes!!..

Anyway, now that I've calmed down I'll tell you about my photo today. I have a long-term project called 'Social Seen' - based on .. well, things I've seen at social events! Today's shot is one of five I got from Friday's dinner. A veritable flock... 

No comments:

Post a Comment