Wednesday 18 November 2015

Somewhere over the rainbow ..

















I don't know if I've ever been fashionable, although I can remember - aged about 15 - wearing big 'bell bottoms' and wanting a pair of those 'Tracker' shoes that came with animal footprints on the sole and a compass inside the heel. Oh, and there was an embarrassing seersucker jacket which I used to wear with the sleeves rolled up - a la Miami Vice - in 1981 (And the beads I used to wear when I was Morrissey's numero uno fan) .. but, other than that I'm not sure if I've ever been 'on trend'. Much like all this 'must-have' for Weddings with photoshop 'effects' and the current headlong dive into vintage. Yellow instead of white, flat instead of punchy .. and so on. It's a trend, just like any other, and one day it will be looked on with a rueful shake of the head and a scratch of the - beard-free - chin! (See what I did there?) I'm trying like hell to avoid the trend .. and failing miserably. I fear it's a case of 'If you can't beat 'em' ...

I only mention this 'cos I was kicking my heels last week whilst I was shooting brochure shots for a local spa, and went outside to see what I could photograph. This shot turned up. No filters, no trickery but, ironically, a way of shooting I would have avoided like the plague only a handful of years ago. Flare? That's what lens hoods are for! Hey, perhaps I'm getting trendy after all ..   

No comments:

Post a Comment