Wednesday 2 September 2015

I want it ..













There were two new programmes about Weddings on television last night. I've watched one and recorded the other. The one I watched was called 'I want that Wedding' and featured couples going about the planning of their Weddings. There were some absolutely fantastic ideas out there, from table plans to room decoration and dresses to menus, but what was also apparent - in a few of the Weddings - was the one-upmanship that can so easily creep into a couple's Wedding planning. One couple's budget, for example, doubled from £20K to £40K as the 'must-have' items started racking up, and don't get me started on the couple who built a replica Greek temple to hold their reception - replete with a 42 foot high statue of Athena - or the couple whose Wedding was only described as costing "Six Figures"!!...

It's not rocket-science but I always tell couples to let their Wedding reflect their personalities. Thinking about it, though, that's only what all these people have done, innit?..


No comments:

Post a Comment