Monday 7 September 2015

He's going on about the 'old days' again ...



















"I know you! .." said the Best Man as I shook his hand on Saturday "You did my Wedding photographs!.." he laughed.. "In 2002!...

Well it's nice to be remembered, although I could only apologise for my puny memory and the failure to say I remembered him too. Anyway, he proved his point by pulling out his 'phone and there, in glorious technicolour, was a shot I took of him and his wife cutting their Wedding cake all those years ago..

Yesterday I began the task of editing the 800 and odd photographs I'd taken on Saturday. I went to pop a couple of images on Facebook, only to find I'd been beaten to it with scores of images uploaded by numerous guests and family members. Every moment of the day was covered with snaps from their phones and tablets. It was as if they'd all watched the whole Wedding via their screens. A lot of the pictures - Grrr - were assorted copies of the groups I'd set up and which, in the old days, I'd have sold as reprints! My mind went back thirteen years to the Wedding of the Best Man - those dark, dank days of PD! Pre-digital! The thing is, although the image he showed me was on his 'phone, I could tell by the quality of it that the original photograph was shot on film. At his Wedding I was still shooting on a Mamiya RZ67 with a 220 magazine and .. oh, stop yawning at the back. Anyway, back in those days it was the photographer's job to take the photographs at the Wedding, and the guests got on with actually being part of the day rather than recorders of it!  I know, I know .. I'm going on about the 'old days' again and it's no good to moan about it now, 'cos times have changed and digital is God.
Like I say though, it was nice to be remembered ..

No comments:

Post a Comment