Monday 3 August 2015

Good things come in threes ..













Three things happened during my Wedding on Saturday that meant it really stood out from the norm! (Editor's note: There's a norm with Wedding photography??) ..

The venue was our local church in Culcheth, and it was the first time I'd worked with the new vicar. I'll be honest and tell you he laid down the law 'good and proper' as soon as we met, basing - as is so often the case - his entire working relationship with photographers on one bad experience of an idiot with a finger stuck to his motordrive. Well, I'm pleased to report we got on famously, and I know we're going to get on well together from now on ..

The second thing that was different was that the bride lived practically right next-door to the church, and I was able to zip between shooting the bridal preparations at the house to the pub across the road where the groom was er, chilling .. and back to the church to shoot the arrival of guests and so on. It was really convenient! As the bride came out of the house I ran across to photograph her getting into the car - something I'm never normally able to do - and then I jogged back to the church .. photographed her ten second journey .. and then photographed her getting out of the car at the other 'end'. Most amusing ..

The third thing that happened was that I was 'mentioned in dispatches', something that has never happened in all the years I've been shooting Weddings! I was photographing the speeches at the reception and, as usual, that involved a lot of giving out of gifts. Flowers for the Mums, whiskey for the ushers .. that sort of thing. Suddenly, the bride picked up a little bag and said "This is for Martin, our photographer who, I'm sure you'll agree, was really amazing, fantastic and brilliant today" (It was something like that! I can't remember exactly as I was in shock!). But how lovely! A little box of delicious chococlates just for me! So thoughtful. Well, like these young snappers at Saturday's Wedding, they always say good things come in threes..

No comments:

Post a Comment