Friday 3 July 2015

The Property Market ..



















This week I photographed a property for a chap who wants to put it on the market, and it's prompted me to tell you a story that I've been sitting on for a while. Earlier this year I was taken on by a local estate agent to photograph their properties. The pay wasn't great, but I figured on quantity so gave it a shot. All went well for a month or so until the work suddenly dried up. It seems the estate agent didn't really want to pay for great shots of their properties so, instead, decided to offer the option of professional photography to their clients. So guess how many have gone for it....

Go on, guess! Correct! None ...

There are half a million pound houses around here and no-one will pay a few quid to get them shot properly! Yet another area where the man-in-the-street's perception of the value of photography has gone down the pan! There's no market in property for me ..

I sat on the story because you'd only think I'm moaning. Actually, I am! Moaning old sod .. 

No comments:

Post a Comment