Wednesday 15 July 2015

Read the instructions ..














Well, how smug am I this fine summer's morning? You'll never guess what I did yesterday. I fixed a part on my car! Yes, me, the most un-mechanic-y bloke on the planet! I changed a part on the O'Neill-Mobile and, bugger me, it works! Ok, it was only a replacement door mirror, but that's a pretty big job for me. So big, in fact, that I had to go onto the internet and search for instructions! I told you I was useless at 'that kind of thing'!..

Instructions are handy though, aren't they? I can't tell you the number of people who come on my Shoot 'n Tutor workshop that haven't read their camera's instruction book. Yesterday I received a new screen protector for the back of one of my cameras. A simple piece of clear plastic but, flippin' 'eck, even that came with instructions, too! But what fun instructions they were, ending with the delightful sentence 'Now you're done, and a cuppa and muffin are very much in order'! Love it! Oh, and I told the company I'd mention them in today's blog too, so well done Expert Shield!..

One person that obviously doesn't do instructions is the motorbike rider who smashed into my wing-mirror and broke it in the first place! Hey, moron, why wait in line for the traffic to go through the lights when you can pull out onto my side of the road and try to race through the gap between my car and the next one? Highway Code, anyone? I can only hope he had to instruct the A & E department to fix a broken finger..

Ps: That's my cousin, fixing my knackered old Fiat 127 in an archive shot circa 1981 and yes, he is in his socks! My cousin makes his own instructions ..  

No comments:

Post a Comment