Thursday 16 July 2015

Just take the f•cking picture ..

















I did so enjoy The Duke of Edinburgh's little nasty snap during a recent photo-shoot. I'm sure you saw it but you can always have a look at it here! "Just take the f•cking picture.." he says..

As a photographer I hear that quite often, especially with group photographs. It's as if the subjects of the picture don't realise they're not the only person being photographed. Sort of .. 'I'm ready, so taking the f•cking picture!' kind of attitude! (©DOE 2015). It's hard to count but I'll bet the photographer in this case didn't get off more than ten frames before he called Thank You, and the group dispersed..

"You're just the photographer.." is something I've heard more than once at a Wedding, along with "All you do is press a button..". The thing is, for me and many an established photographer, it's this seeming 'casual' approach that is the very essence of our experience and professionalism - the thing that actually enables us to take so few frames! Imagine the 'Philip' scenario at a Wedding with a grumpy Grandad, 150 guests and 'Uncle Fred with a good camera' doing the photography ..

I just hope that chap photoshopped a moustache and cross-eyes on the grumpy old git ..   

No comments:

Post a Comment