Friday 8 May 2015

The Winds of Change ..













As their Big Day approaches, a lot of 'my brides' tell me they've consulted the Long-Range Weather Forecast to find out what the weather will be doing on the afternoon of their Wedding. I smile and nod my head and make reassuring 'Hmmm' sounds as they try to convince me of sunshine or a light breeze or - heaven help us - a pea-souper .. and then I tell them that a forecast is just a guess! It's a possibility and a might-be and, even with all the technology in the world, it's always going to be just what 'they' think! When I open the church door at the end of the Wedding ceremony - I tell them - that's my weather forecast!..

After today's election results it shows you the political know-alls were only guessing, as well .. 

No comments:

Post a Comment