Wednesday 29 April 2015

Up in smoke ..

























"I hate smoking" ..
"I know you do.." said the guy I was talking to "I read your blog!"..

Well that was a nice surprise though, sadly, the reason the subject had cropped up was because I was telling him that my aunt had just died - yet another of 'the clan' who's succumbed to smoking-related illnesses (Note the plural!) ..

It's such a disgusting habit and, despite the indoor smoking ban, there's still no getting away from it. There are empty fag packets all over the place, and you can't walk more than a couple of feet before you come across a discarded cigarette end. Even the doorways to the shopping centre where I have my studio is 'guarded' by two bloody great big ash-trays at the entrances. Very classy!..

So, to the three schoolgirls from Culcheth High School I saw smoking the other day ..
Please, for your sakes - and mine - stop!..


No comments:

Post a Comment