Thursday 30 April 2015

Reasons to smile ..

















Two pictures for the price of one today, and two reasons to smile at work yesterday..

I was shooting some corporate portraits in Liverpool, and the marketing chap I was speaking to was telling me about his friend who had become a 'famous' model - appearing over him as a 50 foot high poster when he went down to London one time. "He gets paid thousands, and travels all over the world.." the chap was saying "He hates it. He wants to be a photographer!" "Hold on there, my friend.." I spluttered "Give your pal a good talking to! I think he'd soon realise which side of the camera the money is on .."

Then, last night, I was shooting a publicity event in Manchester when a man in a snazzy suit came up and said "Silly question, but do you live in Culcheth?.." "Yes.." I said "Do you?.." He said he did and told me he recognised me as I'd done a family portrait shoot for them once. "Great.." I said "So what brings you here tonight?.." "I'm the MD of this company.." he said "The picture you did for us is still framed in our toilet!"..

Anyway, why two pictures? Well, the bottom one is the shot of my cousin I did when he was fixing my car in his socks. The second shot is from the strip of negs I found when my entire shelving system fell down in the office recently. Good news from bad! Another reason to smile ..


No comments:

Post a Comment