Friday 10 April 2015

Hit the road, Jack ..

There's a cloud of dust and sand blowing up into the UK from the Sahara today, and its timing couldn't be more appropriate as I'm suffering a severe bout of wanderlust this morning! I decided I'd add a Travel Photography page to my website and so, yesterday, set off trawling through files and files of colour slides of trips I've taken in the past. Big mistake! I'm now absolutely pining for journeys I've made and places I've been and seen. Tahiti! Brazil! Australia! Noo Yoik!!
Oh, I wanna go back..

Still, it's a good job I took photographs, eh? And all on good old Kodachrome, too! Kodachrome 64, pushed to 80 ASA, if you're interested! I got through boxes and boxes of the stuff over the years and ok, the slides take up space but, call me old-fashioned, I really love having folder after folder of physical, tangible images to pick up and look at. You won't be saying that when you can't find your iphone holiday shots of Greece, will ya?..

Anyway, here's me, pointing out where I was during a trip around Australia. On the Nullarbor Highway, since you ask! And where am I hitting the road to today?
Eccles! I'll tell you about that trip tomorrow ..

No comments:

Post a Comment