Friday 27 March 2015

What are the odds? ..
















Vodaphone annoyed me this week! During the Cheltenham Gold Cup I had a marketing text from them offering me some kind of betting discount on one of the horse races. I texted STOP to the number they included to opt out of that kind of harassment, but it failed to send. A few days back I got another text, this time offering a bet on the Liverpool v Manchester United game. I texted STOP again and, again, it failed, so I rang up Islamabad or Karachi or wherever it was and told them I wanted the texts to stop. I don't bet - aside from the odd scratch-card- and don't want to be lured down the slippery slope that is gambling addiction! I might become hooked, for flip's sake! Ok, only joking, but I did tell them the texts were very annoying. After a lot of cross-continental keyboard tapping the lovely lady promised me she'd sorted out the problem and I wouldn't receive any more marketing texts. Within half an hour Vodaphone sent me four more texts, asking me how I'd rate their service!!..

The Wedding picture? Oh, it's got bugger all to do with the blog! I just haven't got any photos of Asian phone-company call-centre staff. What are the odds on that?..   

No comments:

Post a Comment