Tuesday 17 March 2015

My Dad, the Paddy!..



















A nice portrait of my old Dad will do nicely to mark St Patrick's Day. Amazing to think he's only about 48 in this shot! Born and bred in Carrickfergus, just down the coast from Belfast, he never lost his Irish accent and would growl in annoyance when his buddies in Eccles asked him which part of Scotland he came from! Half a Guinness and a Jamesons, please. That was his order of choice at the bar and it makes me blush to this day to think that, when he introduced me to 'the black stuff', I had to have it with blackcurrant as it tasted so bitter. Those days, as any of my mates will tell you, are long gone! Well Dad, you'll have to wait 'til I go out tomorrow night but, I promise you, I'll raise a glass or two your dear sweet memory. Happy St. Paddy's day, you old fart .. 

No comments:

Post a Comment