Monday 2 March 2015

Cash for Squits ..














I took this shot on an early trip to America, and I remember seeing and hearing, for the first time, adverts there for 'Compensation' claims. Get money for this, get money for that, get money for old bleedin' rope! "Thank God we don't have such a compensation culture at home" I would say .. "We don't blame other people for our misfortunes over in England!"..

Except now, of course .. we do! And I bloody hate it! I mean, I can see the point with the PPI 'scandal' - though even that's been rammed down our throats for far too long now - but I've heard radio ads recently promoting compensation for everything from dodgy dentistry to solar panels that aren't earning you an income. I've totally had enough of 'Had an accident that wasn't your fault?' ads but the best popped up on my Facebook page over the weekend. You can now claim compensation if you got the sh*ts on holiday! I kid you not! 'Holiday spoiled by the squits? No sweat, we'll get you some compensation.' Jeez, I give up! Mind you, thinking about it, with the amount of twiddly bums I've had on my travels over the years, I reckon I'm owed about thirty million quid!
Pay up, you bounders, pay up ...

No comments:

Post a Comment