Monday 12 January 2015

A vous la France ..













With France in mind it was rather timely that I came across this photograph over the weekend. When I was growing up in Eccles my neighbour Carole had a French family over to stay for a week or so in 1977. It was a bit of a 'dommage' that the poor old Maman of the family had a broken leg, and spent the entire visit sitting on my pal's settee, but she dragged herself into my pal's back garden for a photograph and so here's a shot of the shot being taken by Papa. By way of a thank you for the photograph Sylvie, the daughter of la famille, posted me a French record when she got home - a 45 by a singer called Laurent Voulzy with un petit sticker on the back saying 'Pour Martin'! It was as exotic a gift as I'd ever had in my life. A record! From France! From a French Girl!! Oh, la la!..

Out of curiosity I looked on YouTube to see if the song was there. It's there! Not only is it there but it's there in an updated 18 minute long version with a really fun video (and some awful miming, but c'est la vie!) Check it out here. Put a smile on ton visage!..

Just a quickie about my Weddings. There was flurry of activity over the weekend, and I'm delighted to say that Manchester Wedding Photography is now looking at bookings as far ahead as September 2016! Ca c'est bon ...


No comments:

Post a Comment