Monday 22 December 2014

Splashdown ..


















So, the funny story ..

I was shooting a Christmas Wedding at Peckforton Castle, literally on this Monday a year ago. The weather was abysmal. It rained non-stop all day, and I didn't get a single photograph of anybody outside .. much to my frustration. However, just before the Wedding Breakfast, the rain stopped and I practically pleaded with the Bride and Groom to come outside for a quick photograph. They reluctantly agreed, as long as the Bride could hold her dress up and away from the soaking paths, so it was lights, cameras and a hasty walk down to the gate-house at Peckforton to enable me to get the whole of the Castle in the shot. I parked the couple under the huge tree there, plonked down my tripod, set up my light and .. a Rook dropped a big blob of poo straight onto the Groom's head! (It was easy to see .. the guy had no hair!) I automatically pressed the shutter, even though I hadn't set the exposure or white balance, and was just about to shoot again when the Bride screamed in dismay and set off back to the Castle at 100mph. The big, black splish had bounced straight off the Groom's head.. and all over her dress! The shoot was over!
No shots of the couple outside the castle.
So close!!..

Next there were tears, and then I got a ticking off from the Bride's dad, but I was more concerned that I hadn't got a shot of the couple with their venue in the picture! Still, everything calmed down and, by the time the pair came to Manchester Wedding Photography to pick up their Wedding album some months later it was all a great, big, funny part of the day. It goes to show that these things are always worth shooting 'cos, when it's all done and dusted, a dress is for a day, but a memory is a memory for ever!..

"I'd love to Blog that one day.." I said to them. "You should.." they said.
I just have..

Happy Anniversary, guys!...

No comments:

Post a Comment