Friday 12 December 2014

Christmas lost ..













Ah, the innocence of Christmas ..

I've just been out to photograph a class of schoolchildren, singing carols near my studio (Well, if you can call THAT song from Frozen a Christmas Carol!) I handed the Deputy Head a card and said I was going to put a couple of shots of Facebook. I knew it was a no-goer the instant I saw her face. "Hmm.." she said "Some of the parents might not have given permission..."

Permission for what, for God's sake? Permission for anyone else - in the whole world - to actually see their child's face? The same child that, more than likely, has a phone with a camera and is photographing other kids left, right and centre! I mean, what the hell do they think I'm going to do with the photograph? What horrible disaster do they imagine is going to come from having their child's face seen in a picture? It's no wonder today's kids are growing up with a weird, warped, self-centred view of the word! (And don't even get me started on parents who call their kid 'mate'!!)

God, I hate society today! Just look at my archive! Check it out on studiofivefour.com! It's full of old pictures of kids, all more than happy - nay insistent! - that I took their photographs! Just when did we flip into this namby-pamby precious likkle icky-wicky society, where the roost is ruled by dahling likkle Sigourney or Mohammed (To use the most popular boys' name in the UK this year!) ..

Aaaagh! Bah! Humbug ....

No comments:

Post a Comment