Saturday 11 October 2014

Train-spotting ..














I'm putting a few bob in Richard Branson's pocket this weekend, as I head off on the train for a quick jaunt down 'the smoke'. I have a meeting on Monday morning that could be rather good news if it goes well. Keep your fingers crossed!..

Meantime, there's some catching up with an old mate to do, and then we're off to see a band who I've liked for over 30 years .. but have never seen! Sad Lovers and Giants aren't, I imagine, a band that spring readily to many people's minds but I think they're like, dead cool, yeah,  and I couldn't believe it when I saw they were reforming for this one-off gig in London..

My archive picture today comes from a visit to Flagstaff, Arizona, when I would stand, mesmerized, by the absolutely incredible length of American freight trains that passed by a nearby crossing. Yikes! Does that make me a train-spotter?..  

No comments:

Post a Comment