Thursday 9 October 2014

Life's too short ..



















I had a rather poignant afternoon earlier this week. Booked in to the studio was a lady who wanted a nice family portrait because, in her own words, she "hadn't got long". She has a cancer that has reared its ugly again. As I was preparing the studio, I had a text from an old snapper pal. Morrissey, it said, had cancer! Well, that made for a thoughtful old photo-session, I can tell you, and it just drove home how important a role photography plays in our lives. I wish both my 'photographic subjects' well..

Speaking of driving, the O'Neill-Mobile came in handy when, for the first time, I used it as my roaming Sandwich Board, slapping on my new magnetic signs at both the Weddings I shot over the weekend. I hope it's not long before they start to work! ..

Treated myself to a brand new 26 mp Nikon the other day - you know, the one I absolutely need to do my job properly - and I finally plucked up the courage to tell Lesley about it at the weekend. She started talking to me again last night!
Only joking, life's too short ..


No comments:

Post a Comment