Tuesday 26 August 2014

Barking mad ..













National Dog Day, is it? Well, that's appropriate because already today I've stood in a pile of dog poo .. and had to mop up a puddle of dog wee in our kitchen .. and had to photoshop a family portrait with a dog that was .. er, rather visibly excited to be in the picture .. if you get my drift!
Ahem, ahem ..

When it comes to dog photography I bow, of course, to the great Elliott Erwitt, who I had the pleasure of meeting about six or so years back. Although obviously not on his scale, I do have a few dog shots in my archive. I still feel sorry for this poor old pooch, with his oh so youthful 'minder'. A plaster on his tail and all his bones on show tell you all you need to know about his hard life.

It's true what they say about not working with children and animals, though! I did another family portrait on Saturday, with a family of nine in their back garden. Ninety two shots, I took and, guess what, there isn't one that has all the kids' eyes open! Not one! Barking mad, I am ..     

No comments:

Post a Comment