Thursday 10 April 2014

Spiffing ..













Had a bit of a spiffing day yesterday, one of the highlights being a fantastic portrait shoot with Faith and Rachel at the studio. I also started to get my new 14' backdrop into position, though it's that big and heavy I think I might need to hire a crane to get it up into situ! There were two Wedding enquiries too, and one of them was absolute music to my ears. The call was from a young lady who had been a bridesmaid at a Wedding I photographed five years ago! (Yes, you have to be patient in this game!) She hit the 'ego-boost' button straight away by telling me how I'd been the first photographer they'd thought of booking, even after all that time! As if that wasn't enough she went on to say how "amazing" the shots were at her friend's Wedding, how "artfully" I'd captured every little glance and how I'd .. 'brought out the bride's cheeky side'! (Not sure how I did that, to be honest, but a compliment's a compliment, innit!) Best thing she said, though, was that she wasn't into this current 'trend' of every shot being photoshopped to buggery! No yellowed, faded, ultra-posed photography for her. She wants it done properly! Young lady, I'm your man! Hmmm, don't know about the backdrop being large, I'm gonna have trouble getting my big head into the studio today!..

No comments:

Post a Comment