Friday 7 February 2014

I think I'll write a blog ..













Hmmm, so what to write about today?..

Whoa, you caught me - having a quiet moment's musing on that all-important topic of the day! Oh, alright, it's not me .. you guessed .. it's one of the slides I scanned yesterday after I piled into my back catalogue for a day of digital archiving! And man, what memories I found! I spent the day photographically travelling the globe, all from the comfort of my scruffy little office! I have shots in my files from as far afield as Tahiti to Nepal, the Amazon to the Outback .. and one shot of this literary figure on the banks of the river Nile. And to think it was all shot on Kodachrome! Now that's knowing your stuff, that is! Correct exposures, accurate framing .. proper photography! Makes me smile when I think of the instant gratification we get with our photography these days. Take the shot, check the screen. It's almost become a single head movement! Well, back in the early 90s, I took six months off for a trip around the world and shot the lot on Kodachrome 64, sending the undeveloped rolls of film home for my Dad to post on to Kodak's lab at Hemel Hempstead. God! Imagine what it was like not knowing - for six months - what my stuff was like! Hard to imagine, these days!..

Hey, hang on! I've just thought of a topic ..

No comments:

Post a Comment