Thursday 6 February 2014

Hello, blossom ..



















It's a funny old day today, mainly because a portrait session I was supposed to be shooting at the studio has been put on hold because the lady forgot she'd made the booking! There's a first! I phoned yesterday to confirm, but it had completely slipped her mind! At least she's going to re-schedule it for next week!..

Time for Plan B, and what I am going to do today is use the time to go through my extensive collection of slides and get some more of those babies digitized! I have boxes and boxes of the little blighters - mainly 35mm but quite a few on medium format - and it'll be great to get them into the archive and used in future projects. Here's a shot of cherry blossom from the Spring of .. well, who knows when?..

I can't mention the 'archive' word without talking about Joy Division, and I'm delighted to say that one of my images of Ian Curtis has been chosen to be part of an exhibition to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the PRS -  The Performing Rights Society : The people who make sure musicians get paid for the use of their work (God, we need a body like that for photographers, don't we!..) Apparently my shot is going to be printed onto aluminium and displayed alongside a number of other images at a show I'll be going to in London next month.

Looks like 2014 is blossoming already..

No comments:

Post a Comment