Wednesday 8 January 2014

The Bigger Picture ..




















I had a lovely meeting yesterday with a young lady who owns and runs an Events Company in Cheshire. I went across with the full intention of talking about corporate work, only to find out she has - guess what? - a 'Wedding Planner' side to the business and organises high-end Weddings all over the North West. You'll know which topic dominated the conversation! I feel a great working relationship has begun!...

I'm liking these quieter days after all the hoo-ha of the holidays. I treated myself to a couple of photography books at Christmas and am finally finding the odd moment or two to look through them. The first is a book of self-portraits by Vivian Maier, a film about whom should be out here this year, but the second is a book of photographs that is as far from my style as is possible to get! It's a book by Tim Walker, who shoots great fancy fashion tableaux for Vogue and other swanky mags! Think camp-sites set up in Stately Homes and pale, lanky models surrounded by Zulu tribesmen! Bonkers, I know, and I doubt I'll be able to use much of that in my Wedding photography, but you never know where the inspiration might come in handy! Horizons! Broaden! Etc., etc., etc...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment