Friday 27 December 2013

Comfort and Joy ..














Phew! Made it! I've come through the other side unscathed! Actually, I've had a fantastic Christmas, and I hope you have, too! Now, for me, it's time to take off the party hat and put on the Photographer's hat, as I have a family shoot at the studio this afternoon! Hope I don't have to photoshop too many bloodshot eyes, ho ho ho!

Talking about making it through, one of the nice things to happen over the holiday came about because of a TV programme last night. It was about two 'famous' people crossing the Empty Quarter of the desert in Oman. I dropped a line onto Facebook about a chap who became my 'hero' - a guy from my home town of Eccles called Ted Edwards - who crossed the Empty Quarter of the Sahara desert alone back in the early 80s. No TV crew, no SatNav, no mobile phones - just him and two camels! He got barely an ounce of recognition and, sadly, a few years later, had a stroke that really debilitated him. Anyway, I've had a message to say he's alive and well, and I've been given his phone number so I'm hoping I'll be able to photograph him again after a gap of 30 years! Christmas! Bringing people together! Nice ..

    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment