Tuesday 17 September 2013

Hard hat, hair net ..















Oh, yes, did I look the part yesterday, shooting sausages in a freezing cold meat factory! From Wedding photography to meat production in one fell swoop .. Ah, the glamour! Hard hat, hair net, hi-vis jacket, white overcoat and shoe protectors .. it's a wonder I could actually get my rucksack on my shoulders! I was on a day-long PR shoot for a well-known supermarket, capturing the 'essence' of sausage manufacture, the 'efficiency' of steak butchery and the 'integrity' of pork packaging! I'll tell you, vegetarianism seriously flashed across my brain at one point but, don't worry, a ham sandwich at lunchtime soon put paid to that! To be honest, I did have to do other shots, too. The warehousing, the maintenance, the HR team and then, finally, the Directors. Talk about packing it in! It didn't help that I was told, as soon as I got there, that there was no power for me to use in the 'meat' areas, so - technical note here - I shot it all on SB-900s, one of which blew over in the gales during an outdoor shot and still kept on working throughout! (An SB 900 is a flashgun to you and me! Thank you, Nikon!) And now I'm in the middle of tweaking 600 images! I could murder a sausage butty!...

#culchethstudio
www.studiofivefour.com

No comments:

Post a Comment