Friday 2 August 2013

The Generation Game ..














My Dad, and my Dad's Dad, for no other reason than I found these negs whilst going through yet more boxes of film the other day! The shots really strengthen my memories of both men. My Grandad always seemed to be sitting in that chair, puffing his pipe and picking horses that he never bothered to bet on, and the apple-core key-ring that my Dad's wearing as an earring sums up how he was always good for a laugh - always hamming it up for yours truly and his new-fangled Zenith E!

Off to Salford today to put my latest Joy Division exhibition together, and it's funny to think that Ian Curtis has been dead even longer than my Grandad! I was listening to Jeff Buckley last night - another artist taken - or purposely gone, depending on your views - before his time. Younger people often say to me they wish they'd seen Joy Division but, of course, they weren't born when the guys were doing their thing. Jeff Buckley is my 'wish I'd seen'  .. though that's entirely my fault. I just wasn't into him when he played Manchester. God, I'm into him now!

I think I've lost the thread with this blog! I'll stop now ..

No comments:

Post a Comment