Thursday 1 August 2013

My time of the month ..






















The first of the month! Happy August, everybody! And, of course, that means it's time for the next exciting installment of my Twelve for '13 project!! Ta ran ta daaaaa! Running alphabetically, as it does, means this month we go from Mac stores - which was a general seller of tat in Eccles - through Maggie (Thatcher) to Man buys Wine, Market Boy, Morrison's, Mosh, Neil with kitten and .. finally ..  Nightclub! This was actually the social club at Manchester City's old Maine Road ground, and I love the beam of light from the spotlights at the back, highlighting just how smoky those places were back then! So, another 80 belters from the seventies and very early eighties .. and there's even another colour shot just to show I was right up there at the cutting edge of technology!! Click here to get there!...

I'm surrounded by prints and picture frames as I type! I'm getting a collection of images together, ready to hit the Deli-Lama cafe in Salford to hang my latest exhibitions. I'm showing Joy Division and a selection from the show that was 'Salford - Down the line' at Eccles Community Art Gallery earlier this year. It opens on Saturday and I hope you can pop down there at some point. Hey, go for the gorgeous grub, if nothing else ..

#culchethstudio
www.studiofivefour.com

No comments:

Post a Comment