Friday 9 August 2013

Bats! ..














So, it's the fourth test, eh? Come on, England! Or not! Hardly matters, does it? I mean, I confess I don't quite understand cricket - obviously! - but let me get this straight .. England have won The Ashes by drawing, 'cos it rained, with two games to go, which won't make a blind bit of difference to that decision so .. the point is? Reminds of the time that England played Argentina in a World Cup match (Footy, not cricket!) It was back in the day that one had to 'video' programmes if you wanted to watch them later (My, how quickly that seems dated!) so, as I had a Wedding to shoot that afternoon I 'videoed' the game and made absolutely every effort to avoid the score. Even the bride told the hotel that their staff must not mention the game! Anyway, I was almost home - radio off and eyes front so I didn't receive any clues - but it was a hot day, and there came a point in my journey when I just had to pull over and buy a can of pop from a garage. '80p..' said the cashier 'And isn't it great that we won!' Aaaaagh!.....

#culchethstudio
www.studiofivefour.com

No comments:

Post a Comment