Tuesday 11 June 2013

What's the idea? ..
















Rain! Oh, joy! At last...
I never thought I'd be writing those words but yes, it's good to see a little aitch-two-oh falling on the poor old garden this morning after quite a prolonged stretch (for us!) of dry weather. I can almost hear my lupins cheering! I'd been thinking lately about shooting some more Florescence flower photography - colour transparency film on 645, since you ask - but to be quite honest I'm not sure there's a market for it anymore, and therefore any reason to incur the expense of all that film and processing. (My current collection of pictures is stored with a specific 'plant photography' image library in London, but I haven't made a penny from them in over two years as the stock photo market is absolutely saturated with images from people who are happy to make 50p from a sale!) Well, take the pictures for yourself, I hear you say! Hmmm, no can do! Ever since I turned professional I've always needed a reason - an end product - for my photography - be it publication in a newspaper, use in a book, Wedding photography or whatever, so to take the shots 'as a hobby' just doesn't do it for me any more. I've always taken photographs to be seen by others. Well, that's the whole idea, isn't it?..

PS: Speaking of being seen, this shot is from my Twelve for '13 project, a selection of which are now on show at Smiths Restaurant in Eccles!

No comments:

Post a Comment