Monday 3 June 2013

Music, food ..



















A great week for music this week with the new Queens of the Stone Age album coming out today, and The Meat Puppets playing in Manchester on Friday night. All that, and the discovery of a cracking band that .. erm, split up thirty years ago! (I'm blushing, I promise!) How the hell did I miss Bad Brains? It's so weird! I mean, I love American hard-core music, and they are so just that, but somehow I've never come across them! Anyway, I'm making up for it now as I've not stopped playing them for the last 48 hours! And what do you mean, you've never heard of The Meat Puppets?

I launched the June installment of Twelve for '13 on Saturday, and was delighted to see that the shots had already been viewed 41 times by 8am this morning. Don't forget that you can see another part of my archive - the exhibition called 'Photography - it's food and drink to me' at Smiths restaurant in Eccles. All the shots have something to do with .. well, food and drink - and, as you can see, I have very cleverly combined eating and music in today's blog shot, a picture from a summer fair in about 1979.

Speaking of Smiths, I posted a print of Morrissey to a girl in New York, and she emailed me this weekend to say she loved the print and was "so proud to own it". Now that is music to my ears...

No comments:

Post a Comment