Thursday 20 June 2013

Future policy ..















Time to renew my car insurance, and my current insurer has quoted me a renewal rate of £339 and very kindly told me that I don't need to do a thing to carry on being insured, as they'll take my money out of my bank account all by their clever little selves and send me a new certificate on the due date. Now nowbody these days just allows an insurance company to roll over its policy - do you? - so, of course, the first thing I did was to get online and get some comparison prices. Cheapest equivalent?  £207 !! I rang my company and told them. "Oh .." they said "Did we say £339? Sorry, we meant £240 !!.." Cheeky little ratbags! Chucking a hundred quid onto my policy and hoping I just didn't notice! Nice! Anyway, couldn't resist showing you this picture from my archive! Drama on the high streets of Birmingham when this learner driver reversed into me in 1979! I think the insurers have paid up!.. 

I'm off to Sandbach today to shoot some baby portraits. This will probably be the last time I shoot an individual's portrait on location. After this they can come to me at my new studio! That's my future policy!..

No comments:

Post a Comment