Thursday 16 May 2013

It's the economy, stupid ..



















Good to hear the Bank of England robot Mervyn King speaking in a slightly more upbeat way about the UK economy yesterday, but I'm afraid to say it came on the same day that a very good friend of mine had the bombshell of redundancy dropped on him from a bleedin' great height! He woke up yesterday and went into work, and today he's having a lie-in because the company can't afford to keep him on any more. He works - sorry, worked - for a company who teach other companies how to attract more business. No further comment needed! Fingers crossed for you, Dan...

Ironically, I had a call myself yesterday from a PR company who asked me to quote for a job. When I gave them a figure they emailed to thank me for the quote but had decided to "deal with it internally" - ie: not book me and take their own photographs instead! Are you sure the economy's recovering, Merv?... 

Anyway, on a chirpier note, I'm finally getting on top of things in the 'exhibition' department, and will soon have all the work ready to hang for my next event. I'm going to be at Smiths Restaurant, in Eccles with a show called 'Photography - It's food and drink to me!', a series of photographs each with an element of eating or drinking in them. Having said that, I can't exhibit in a place called Smiths and not show any pictures of you-know-who now, can I, so there'll be a couple of Mozzer shots up there, too. And some of my Florescence work as well...

Oh, and remind me to tell you about the Manchester Airport project that's just come my way. Hmm, perhaps there are signs of recovery, after all. Bodes well, Dan! Bodes well...


No comments:

Post a Comment