Monday 4 February 2013

Time is of the essence..















Gobsmacked! Yep, that's about the best word for it! I'm gobsmacked! We had over another 150 people to the gallery on Saturday, including Joan and Mark, who feature in today's blog .. twice! See the little boy in that pram, being fed a chip by his Grandma? That's Mark, 36 this year, the strapping fella seen here in Saturday's photograph with Joan, now a sprightly - ahem, ahem - years old! It made my day that they turned up to see my work and, what's more exciting, as we go into the last week of the show it's looking like we'll hit 1, 000 visitors to the gallery! Now that's pretty good going considering we only open on a Saturday and a Tuesday and, to mark that momentuous occasion, I'm going to offer a half-price family portrait voucher to the lucky 1, 000th visitor. Will it be you?

The comments book is making pretty interesting reading. One couple added a note to a photograph to say that a bus shelter featured in one of my shots was where they had their first kiss .. and they're celebrating their 30th Wedding anniversary in May! And another entry in the book simply read "Oh! I've smiled all the way round .."

I can't wait to see how it goes on our last two opening days. If you've not seen the show then I urge you to get along. Tuesday and Saturday are the last days it'll be open and then ..

Actually, then I'll be taking part in the gallery's next exhibition! I've been invited to show a selection of my Florescence flower photography from February 16th.

Gobsmacked!

No comments:

Post a Comment