Tuesday 5 February 2013

Back a bit more...













And so we go into the last Tuesday of 'Salford - Down the line', and the mood's definitely getting frisky! I had two lovely moments yesterday .. Firstly, I was asked if I'd give a talk to a camera club in Salford. Me? Talk? About Photography? Just try and stop me! Ha!..

Secondly .. drum roll .. another gallery is interested in showing my work! Hurrah! And this is a proper photographic gallery, too! Hip hip! And they're not even in Manchester! Woo Hoo! They said "This looks like a great project and it is a really lovely series of images. We would definitely be interested in showing these at the gallery" Halle - bloody - lujah!!! What a break-through! I feel so happy! And it's only taken 36 years! Actually, it's even longer than that. I was working on a few 'new' old images yesterday when it dawned on me that some images, for example these from my days in the Army Cadets, are from even further back than '77. I left the cadets in '76, so this shot, and the others I took at the unit, are from when I was actually 15 years old - so from perhaps even 1975! Yoiks! That's almost back to the invention of photography!..

No comments:

Post a Comment