Thursday 3 January 2013

Oooh...


Oooh, things are beginning to happen! My new exhibition is getting closer, and the wheels on the mighty publicity juggernaut have begun to roll. Eccles Community Art Gallery has begun a twelve day 'teaser', adding a new photograph from my show to their website every day until the opening on January 12th. There's a practical point to the exercise. We're hoping that people might recognise themselves, or people they know, in the shots so that I can shoot a 'then and now' to compliment the 1970s photos.

And it gets better! A writer called Elaine McCann is putting together a few 3-5 minute long plays, based on some of her favourites from my photographs, and these will be 'acted out' each Saturday by two professional actors. I'm dying to see what Elaine comes up with as, apparently, one of her faves is my shot of a box of cornflakes! Oooh...

No comments:

Post a Comment