Tuesday 20 November 2012

Bubbling along ..



















A whole week without a blog! Dear, oh dear, what is going on? Well, fear not, loyal reader - both of you! - things are bubbling along nicely here and it's just taken me this long to park my bum and get something written!

I've had so many rainy, wet Weddings this year that I often joke that I've forgotten how to take photographs in sunshine. Well, I relearnt that pretty quickly on Saturday when I shot a Wedding in Chorlton. The sun was so low in the sky that I had no choice but to shade the lens with my hand, meaning it appeared in half the shots and knowing that I'd have to crop it out of 'em all later. This little nipper was one of the younger guests, making his or her - I'm useless with little 'uns! - own entertainment whilst they waited!

Another fab mish-mash of PR photography to shoot this week. Everything from kids' clothing for a new fashion website to a 70th birthday party at Willington Hall, and this Saturday sees me on my annual jaunt to the NEC in Birmingham for the Motorcycle Live show, where I have to go round all the stands accompanied by two pretty leather-clad young models! Sigh! Actually, I just googled it and on YouTube there's a whole video dedicated to the 'Babes of the NEC Motorcycle Show'! Yay! Sod the bikes, what did the birds look like? (Tell the truth, I've just watched it. For research purposes, you understand! It was filmed by a guy called Keen! I'll say he was. Bum, bum...)

Musically, I went to see The Swans on Saturday and can hearby declare, hands on ears, they are the LOUDEST band I have ever heard! Too loud to enjoy! In fact I spent the whole gig in the bar with Mick Middles, watching them on a TV screen and feeling the drums pulsing through the seats as we shouted across the table at each other! How's that for twenty quid down the drain? Wilko Johnson on Thursday, and then I think that's it for the year.

So, that do you for now? I promise I'll get my ass back in gear and be a little more regular from now on. Actually, does that sentence sound odd to you?...

No comments:

Post a Comment