Friday 12 October 2012

He's playing my tune...



















It's a man thing, isn't it? Get a nice bit of music going and you suddenly feel the need to pretend you're conducting the band! And a-one, two, three, four...

In yet another of those amazing coincidences I scanned this shot in earlier, and then heard that today's the birthday of Ralph Vaughan Williams, one of my favourite composers. How appropriate! His 'Fantasia on a theme of Thomas Tallis' turns me into a blubbering wreck every time I hear it, and I actually drove to Newcastle once just because the piece was being played live at The Sage, Gateshead. It was worth the drive, too!

So, still scanning the archive, and still finding some absolute gems! I must show you the shot of Patrick Lichfield! He's signing books at what looks like Waterstone's in Manchester. Thing is, I cannot remember a bloody thing about it..

'Ere we go, two, three, four...

No comments:

Post a Comment