Friday 14 September 2012

I've seen the light..















This sight made me smile last night! I was walking through Manchester when I noticed this sign above Sacha's hotel, just off Piccadilly. Can you see what's supposed to be the ring of lights around the 'Sacha' sign? Actually, there are only twelve bulbs illuminated in what should be a whole circle of lights. The thing is that when the sign went up I had to photograph it for the manufacturer, and the trouble was that when I shot it there was one bulb that wasn't working, and it stood out like a sore thumb. This being 'the old days' - medium format film and no photoshop - the print had to go off, at great expense, to a professional photo-retoucher, who managed to 'paint' in the broken bulb to finish off the shot. Two seconds work in photoshop - I won't say it would make light work of it! - so maybe digital's not so bad after all. Hallelujah, I've seen the light...

No comments:

Post a Comment